Plastic bags is the daily consumption, huge quantity used every day all over the world. But it really cause lots of environment problem after using, it really help a lot, but people usually don’t reuse them and just throw it away. Especially the very thin bags, because they are easy broken, so only can be used one time, this item bag is the main reason for the environment pollution.
More and more countries and regions have restricted the production, sale and use of plastic shopping bags. In order to implement the scientific development concept and build a resource-saving and environment-friendly society, China will take effective measures from the source to urge enterprises to produce durable and easily recyclable plastic shopping bags, guide and encourage the masses to use plastic shopping bags rationally, and promote comprehensive utilization of resources.
To protect the ecological environment and further promote energy conservation and emission reduction, with the approval of the State Council, the following notice is hereby on strictly restricting the production, sales and use of plastic shopping bags.
1. Forbid to produce, sell and use ultra-thin plastic bags
From June 1, 2008, forbid to produce, sale, and use the plastic shopping bags that less than 0.025 mm thickness in all over China. The National Development and Reform Commission should promptly revise the “Industrial Structure Adjustment Guidance Catalog” to put ultra-thin plastic shopping bags in the catalog of eliminated products. The General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine should speed up revise the national standards for plastic shopping bags, formulate eye-catching marks for qualified plastic shopping bags, research the method how to easily and quickly check them, and urge enterprises to organize production in strict accordance with national standards to ensure the quality.
On July 17, 2020, nine departments including the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the General Administration of Market Supervision, and the General Cooperative of Supply and Marketing Jointly issued the “Notice on Solidly Promoting Plastic Pollution Control” to make arrangements for further improving plastic pollution control, especially the completion of the phased goals and tasks at the end of 2020. It is required to solidly promote the control of plastic pollution. Before the end of August, all localities should launch special law enforcement inspections on the promotion of plastic bans and restrictions in key areas such as shopping malls, supermarkets, bazaars, and catering industries.
It is prohibited to use medical waste as raw materials to manufacture plastic products. The import of waste plastics is completely banned. By the end of 2020, the production and sale of disposable foamed plastic tableware and disposable plastic cotton swabs are prohibited; the production of daily chemical products containing plastic microbeads is prohibited. By the end of 2022, the sale of daily chemical products containing plastic microbeads will be prohibited.
2. Implement a paid use system for plastic shopping bags
Retail places such as supermarkets, shopping malls, and bazaars are the most concentrated places where plastic shopping bags are used, and most of them provide free plastic shopping bags. In order to guide the masses to use plastic shopping bags rationally and economically, since June 1, 2008, a paid use system of plastic shopping bags has been implemented in all retail places such as supermarkets, shopping malls, and bazaars, and plastic shopping bags are not allowed to be provided for free. Commodity retail establishments must clearly mark the price of plastic shopping bags and collect the price of plastic shopping bags in addition to the commodity price. They must not provide free or imply the price of plastic shopping bags in the total price of goods and collect them together. The Ministry of Commerce shall, in conjunction with the Development and Reform Commission, formulate specific management measures for the paid use of plastic shopping bags in retail locations, and implement them effectively, and gradually form a market environment for the paid use of plastic shopping bags.
3. Prohibited and restricted plastic products
- Non-degradable plastic bags. By the end of 2020, the use of non-degradable plastic bags in shopping malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, bookstores and other places in urban built-up areas in municipalities, provincial capitals, and cities separately designated in the plan, as well as food and beverage take-out services and various exhibition activities, is prohibited, and the fair market regulates and restricts use Non-degradable plastic bags; by the end of 2022, the scope of implementation will be expanded to all built-up areas in cities above the prefecture level and built-up areas in coastal counties. By the end of 2025, non-degradable plastic bags will be banned in the bazaars in the above regions. Encourage places where conditions permit to stop using non-degradable plastic bags in places such as urban-rural fringe areas, townships, and rural markets.
- Disposable plastic tableware. By the end of 2020, non-degradable disposable plastic straws will be banned in the catering industry nationwide; non-degradable disposable plastic tableware will be prohibited for catering services in built-up areas and scenic spots in cities above the prefecture level. By the end of 2022, the use of non-degradable disposable plastic tableware is forbidden for catering services in built-up areas of counties and scenic spots. By 2025, the consumption intensity of non-degradable disposable plastic tableware in the food and beverage delivery areas of cities above the prefecture level will be reduced by 30%.
- Disposable plastic products in hotels and hotels. By the end of 2022, star-rated hotels, hotels and other places across the country will no longer actively provide disposable plastic products, and can provide related services by setting up self-purchasing machines and providing refillable detergents; by the end of 2025, the scope of implementation will be expanded to All hotels, hotels, and B&Bs.
- Express plastic packaging. By the end of 2022, postal express outlets in Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Guangdong and other provinces and cities will first prohibit the use of non-degradable plastic packaging bags, disposable plastic woven bags, etc., to reduce the use of non-degradable plastic tape. By the end of 2025, non-degradable plastic packaging bags, plastic tapes, disposable plastic woven bags, etc. will be banned in postal express outlets nationwide.
5, Disposable gloves expect medical purpose, such as food gloves, food contact gloves, food prepare gloves, guard use gloves, house keep gloves, disposable poly gloves, pe gloves, cpe gloves, tpe gloves, long gloves, cleaning gloves.